Dragon Dawn Productions
Dragon Dawn Productions (DDP) is a Finnish board game developer and publisher that has been in the business since 2008. Over the years our company has been helming several international teams on the following productions:
- Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift (2016)- A unique purely co-operational Euro-style dark fantasy dungeon crawl for 1-6 players. In the depths of dwarven ruins, Cult of Change attempts to summon a demon through a rift in the fabric of reality. A ragtag gang of heroes enters the ruins in a last ditch effort to stop the misguided fools for should they succeed, it would mean the end of the reign of men. Or worse...
- Black Hat (2015)- A hacker-themed climbing and trick-taking board game for 2-6 players. In the world of network security, a "black hat" is a hacker who defeats computer systems for personal gain. These rogue data jockeys pit themselves against the most secure systems in the world for the thrill of it (and maybe to make a little money on the side). However, the most skilled hackers know it's not about getting there first; it's about ghosting in and out of the system without leaving a trace.
- The Phantom League: Pilot Academy (2012) - The second expansion to The Phantom League. Adds two separate and major optional additions:
- Battle rules, which change the battle system radically.
- Galactic Balance, which make missions have a larger effect than just Recognition, and Surface Missions, which is another way to gather Recognition (and affect Galactic Balance).
- The Phantom League: Mostly Harmless (2011) - The first expansion to The Phantom League. Mostly Harmless expands just about every deck of the game and differentiates the paths of fame and notoriety, balances and patches certain cards. In addition to expanding the gameplay, Mostly Harmless also features an updated rulebook and big enough of a game box to fit the base game inside of it.
- The Phantom League (2010)- A scifi adventure/strategy game for 2-6 players set in and inspired by the world of David Braben's Elite video game. In The Phantom League, you play a merchant building your career and legacy through trading, piracy, exploration, and Machiavellian diplomacy, joining with other merchants when necessary to form Phantom Leagues – alliances powerful enough to challenge law and upset political order across the known worlds. (out of production)
- Dragonbane the Legacy (2008) - A book documenting the most ambitious LARP project in Europe ever. It is among the most-cited academic books about LARPing in 2008 and 2009. (out of production)
- Zanziar (2008) - A fantasy strategy/adventure board game of quests, cunning heroes, fragile alliances, strong armies, and hidden agendas. Each of the 2-6 players assume the role of a hero prowling the war-torn lands of Zanziar seeking to dominate what little is left of it. (out of production)
DDP is the board game wing of the family-owned Dawn Matrix Oy, which also dabbles in theater plays and recreational events under that brand of Louhistiina Tuotanto and in pyrotechnics research and product development. The latter mentioned efforts have borne fruit in the form of Ecoflame, a patented and rather revolutionary low-energy pyro effects system. Think of a flame thrower that doesn't instantly cause 3rd degree burns, chock induced death, and acute crispiness, and you're on the right tracks! 😉 We'll release more information of the said project in the relatively nearby future.